Translation is my passion and I would love to help you create texts that communicate professionally with your target audiences in the US or the UK and help you achieve the results you want.
Did you know what a professional translation can do for you?
Businesses that expand their translation budgets are 1.5 times more likely than their competitors to report an increase in total revenue.
Companies that translate information in order to communicate with and retain their partners are 2.67 times more likely to experience revenue increases. They are also 2.6 times more likely to generate improved profits. (from Common Sense Advisory report 2012)
Hire a professional translator to achieve the best results. I can help you bridge the language gaps between Spanish and English. I do not only translate the words you use, but also the culturally sensitive meaning, resulting in a text that is more attractive to your customers. A good translator with expertise in the field, language and culture will save your company time and enhance your brand.
I specialise in the following subjects:
All texts related to the world of business, including health and safety, marketing, contracts, legal reports, annual financial statements and accounts and legal reports and advice.
What is included in my translation process?
Proofreading and editing
As a proofreader, I ensure that translations have been done correctly and guarantee the quality of translations. Readers should have the same experience when reading a translated document as reading the original. Therefore, as a proofreader I read and compare the original and the translation to check the translator’s work, making sure that the target language is not only accurate grammatically, but also socially and culturally.
I provide proofreading and editing services of Spanish-English translations and check the following during the process:
- Spelling errors
- Grammatical errors
- Punctuation errors
- Typographical and layout errors
- Syntax and style errors
Tips Before You Hire a Translator
What you are paying for
When you need translation services and are ready to hire a translator you can make the process easier and ensure I can do a good job, by providing the following information:
- The format of the document/files (PDF, Word, Excel, Html). If the files are sent in an editable format it is easier for me to work efficiently, and if the files are in a non-editable format (such as paper or PDF), there might be an extra charge to convert the document into editable format
- Your deadline
- What the translation will be used for and who will read it, i.e. the target audience
- A glossary or reference material if you have any (this is not essential, but is helpful if you want the translation to follow a certain style or use the same words as previous texts)
- Who the translator can contact if there are questions
Translation can be a complicated process, but contracting translations can be made easy. Just remember the following:
- Not everyone who is bilingual can translate well; you need a professional translator.
- A good translation can produce significant returns on your investment; a bad one can be very costly for your business.